Ah, springtime is here! That means the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming… and if you’re like me, your eyes are itchy, your nose is running and you can’t stop yourself from sneezing. If you have allergies, here are some tips to help you get through the Spring Season:
- Keep windows closed at night.
- Use your air conditioner and an air purifier to keep the air clean, cool and dry.
- Roll your windows up when driving.
- Stay inside on days when the pollen count is the highest. View the daily pollen forecast on pollen.com.
- Use a paper mask when doing outdoor chores, like gardening or mowing.
- Don’t hang cloths or bed linens out to dry.
- Take medicines as prescribed.
- Vacuum often and wash your clothes frequently.
- Bathe your pets weekly and keep them off of the furniture and bedding.
- Keep your head raised on pillows when you lie down.
- Take a shower at night.
- Purchase an Essential Oil Diffuser. Oils like lavender, lemon and peppermint is believed to help allergy sufferers.
- If you have long hair, tie it back at night.
By following a few of these simple tips through the spring months, you can have a happy spring and allergy season!